Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Introducing Melody

 

 

So catching up on this years goings on I would like to introduce my girls to you.  So first up is Melody

 

 

 

IMG_2354

Scorned Woman – Barn name Melody, I didn’t like the name scorned woman, far too harsh and did not suit or fit her beautiful personality.

 

She is a 5 year old OTTB (Off The Track Thoroughbred) and retired from racing in November 2013.  And she was at the time of buying her 16hh, although I need to measure her to see if she has finished growing.

IMG_2355

She only ran a handful of races and her old owners decided she just didn’t have the heart to be a race horse.  And wanted to find her a home as a brood mare or a home where she could have a new career.

IMG_2373

As soon as I saw her for sale I fell in love with her.  I have a big soft spot for grey horses as growing up as a teenager I had a grey horse called Caspian, at the time he was my world and like any teenager who loves horses I spent every waking minute with him, riding, brushing him or just hanging out at the barn.

And now as an adult I get to do that all over again!

 

3 comments:

  1. Agree with you on the name change, what a strange name to give such a beautiful animal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is definitely a beautiful horse! I love her beautiful color and markings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss your blog and hope that you are so fabulously busy that you don't have time to post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...