Friday, January 3, 2014

Farmers Wife Quilt Sampler Friday


One of my goals this year is to make a Farmers Wife Quilt Sampler.  I am hoping I have not bitten off more than I can chew!  I plan on making this a King sized quilt. 
So here are the first 5 blocks that I have made.
Block # 2 Autumn Tints
IMG_1823
There are 111 blocks in this sampler so I will either repeat or add some other blocks.
Block #20  Churn Dash
IMG_1821
Each block measures 6 inches finished. As you probably guessed I will be using Bonnie and Camille fabrics for my Farmers Wife Quilt.

Block # 80 Single Wedding Star
also known as Rolling Stone
IMG_1896

So far I have really been enjoying making these blocks.  I made all these blocks by figuring out the math's and rotary cutting them.  The book does provide a CD with templates, but that then requires you to print off all the templates for each block, which is something I am avoiding at the moment.
Block # 111 WrenchIMG_1822

Block #31 Evening Star
also known as Sawtooth Star
IMG_2196
This is one of my most favourite blocks, and I have made this block a number of times in the past for Bee Blocks.
So now the weekend is here! What plans do you have for sewing tonight? 
I came across a free pattern for a  mini Single Wedding Star block over at Hopes blog When Inspiration Strikes.  Its tiny! so I have plans to have a go at making one tonight. Hope also has some quilt patterns on Craftsy which is where you will also find her free pattern for the Single Wedding Star/Rolling Stone block.
Hopefully I will get to share my mini block with you sometime over the weekend.

Happy Sewing!!!!

4 comments:

  1. The blocks look really nice in the Bonnie and Camille fabrics. I think your Churn Dash is my favourite of these - something about red and aqua together that I just can't resist.

    I've just made a Farmer's Wife Sampler block this morning. I'm hoping to get all the blocks done this year, though I don't know what size I'm making yet.

    Have fun with the mini block :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that is an undertaking and a half Sam! You have made a great start with the blocks, they are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these fabrics. Such amazing blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing all of these different blocks! I don't think I could trust myself to ever finish something like this, so I have to settle for admiring the ones that other people are making

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...