Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Angel Apron

I recently co hosted an Apron Swap with Fiona who blogs over at Celtic Thistle. 
Everything ran pretty smoothly and I received a gorgeous apron and so did everyone else in the swap, apart from one person. 
Which is pretty good going for a swap, sometimes it really can be a little hit and miss with some participants.  Sadly one of the participants in this Apron Swap just disappeared off the face of the planet!  I really do find this annoying.  We do know that this particular participant was sent an apron but never replied to say she received it or thanked her partner.  Her receiving partner in the swap did not receive an apron from her.  I hate to think something bad happened that stopped her from sending but at the same time if all is well and good her end, but life got in the way, then a short/quick email is all it would have taken to let people know that she could not reciprocate. This swap was not just a small swap with maybe a block or a pouch, but an apron, which required more than just a couple of fat quarters worth of fabric! (OK rant over)
Seeing as this swap was cohosted by Fiona in England who blogs over at Celtic Thistle Stitches and me here in the US, it was decided that it made sense for me to be the Angel to make an apron for this Swapper.
Well I made a few enquiries about what sort of apron this person would like and found out that she liked a particular apron in the swap! one that was a little bit out of my comfort zone! I can’t say what that was just yet! So I fired off an email to someone, who shall remain nameless at the moment to see if she could help me and let me just say she has!!!
In the meantime I went to work making another apron and here it is. 
DSC03039
I made the pocket with 1 inch squares and lined it, and also I added a little bit of Englishness to the pocket with an English Vintage button!
DSC03035I had so much fun deciding on what fabrics to use for the patchwork of this apron.  Usually I just use one piece of fabric for the front and one piece of fabric for the back.DSC03036I also made a patchwork waistband
DSC03038And seeing as this person is a messy cook (her words not mine) I knew that a reversible apron would be just perfect. I used Kona Cotton in Turquoise.
DSC03046I went to the post office this afternoon and mailed the apron, so hopefully by the weekend she will have received it.I hope she enjoys this apron just as much as I enjoyed making it for her.

8 comments:

  1. It stinks that this came about because someone didn't participate :( This turned out really cute though! Way to go apron angel!

    Hilary
    www.youngtexanmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little patchwork in the pocket to go with the larger patchwork around the border and waistband... a beautiful apron, Sam. I received an angel pouch in my first swap. My partner apparently sent the pouch she should have sent to me, to someone else. It's a shame these things happen, but I suppose, the swaps just mirror what happens in everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely apron! Thank you for being such a clever angel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had to go through that ordeal with someone not responding such a shame and downer on the whole.

    I adore the aprons and especially the tie on the front of each one so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Sam, I'm sure she'll be more than thrilled with her Patchwork Angel apron :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so beautiful Sam. She will love it. I love the tiny patchwork of the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Sam, does this mean there will be more patchwork aprons from you in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful!!!! She is going to love it. I can't wait until the mail comes today so I can get her excited text message!! You outdid yourself on this, Sam. Thank you so much for taking such good care of my sister! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...